Friday, January 16, 2009

Open Letter from Terry Bray, Gallery Director

Hello to one and all!

The SBAU 2009 Membership drive has got off to a nice start. We have some new members that are full of enthusiam and willingness to dig in and support where needed. Additional, we have a good amount of renewing members that are waiting to be of service! The offering of the option to serve on a committee vs. just being a gallery sitter was appreciated by many people. We again have a well diversified group of new and renewing members and I believe in the near future we will achieve the membership participation needed to keep our receptions and shows at top quality performance.

I will be formulating the new 2009 'flow chart' that will reflect the 2009 committee members and their respective Chairperson. It is my intention to have a "Committee Gathering" in the near future, at the gallery, to give everyone the opportunity to get acquainted with one another and simultaneously enhance the understanding of how these committees are inter reliant to one another. I will contact these 'service' members soon regarding the date and time of this "gathering". But hey! if you are a member (or considering membership) and has not yet chosen a service commitment, come and join us at this 'gathering'! Let me know of your interest so I can include you in on the update(s).

I have met so many wonderful people and have learned that most of you have been active with SBAU for years. I know that everyone is used to going directly to Dona for your inquires and needs. As you now direct your energy towards me I will be as responsive and proactive as I possibly to satisfy your concerns. Dona will remain with SBAUG and continue to be your Treasurer. She will be a visible and important participant to the preservation of this organization. She has been a HUGE part of the formulation, evolution and thrust of your organization. I continue to be amazed at how much she has accomplished through her many dedicated years of 'service' to SBAU and I appreciate her future availability to me as an important resource. I know that Dona is looking forward to finally having the time (and energy) to pursue her artistic interests, especially in the area of photography. She has had in her possession some nice, new equipment that, up until recently, she has not had the chance to become familiar with. I am sure she is excited to now be able to release her creative juices and produce some wonderful art. Maybe a solo SBAUG show in the near future? SBAU is here for you Dona!

I encourage you to contact me with any suggestions and innovative ideas or just to say "HI! How ya do'n?". I embrace new ideas and different perspectives and treat them as a learning opportunity that possibly would assist in achieving more productivity or a more enjoyable experience to being a member. I prefer you to contact me via e-mail. Your e-mail should be through the SBAU website, info@venturaartistsunion.org.

As your Director I will do my best to be available and as responsive to you as time and experience allows. My intent is to keep you informed of the business of your gallery. Your membership, and service, are essential to the success and longevity of SBAU. This is a nonprofit, membership supported, arts organization that is truly unique to the arts community. Its up to the entire membership to keep the gallery doors open and the events successful.

Ask not what your gallery can do for you?...ask what can you do to support your gallery!

I look forward to serving you.

Thank you.

Terry Bray
Director
SBAUG

No comments: