Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Getting to Know Your Fellow Artists - Q & A Interviews with AU Members

Get to Know your Fellow Artists from your Membership Committee

Q & A Interviews with...........

Raymond Harris
Friday Lubina
Roe Estep

**********************
Raymond Harris

1. What town do you live in? How long have you lived here?
I moved to Ventura last September from La Canada Flintridge during the fires.

2. Where are you from originally?
I moved with my family to six different states growing up. I have lived In Southern California since 1970.

3. What’s your background?
I graduated with a Communication Design degree from the Art Center College of Design In Pasadena, California. I worked as a artist at Walt Disney for 23 years. I love to draw and paint.

4. What kind of work do you do?
I have worked In the film Industry as an artist since 1978. My drawings and paintings are an extension of the skills I use In Hollywood. I think of myself as a humble designer.

5. What do you draw upon for inspiration in your work?
I am always searching for good design and color In my work. I switch mediums and subjects often to stay excited. I am a plein air painter for that reason.

6. What’s your preferred medium?
I sketch daily with oils. I love to draw on the computer and also throw pottery on the wheel. My preferred medium Is black mountain clay.

7. How do you see your work evolving?
It seems to me It Is slowly changing. I suppose the choices I make are more Informed.

8. What social issues are you interested in?
Education Is my main concern. Good Design should be a part of everyday life.

9. What kinds of activities are you interested in supporting at the
AUG?
I would support lectures and demos by the membership.

****************************************
Friday Lubina

1. What town do you live in? Ventura
How long have you lived here? 20 years
2. Where are you from? Ventura County

4. What kind of work do you do?
I am a Board Member for the Ventura Film Society. I am assistant editor of ASKEW Poetry Journal. I volunteer at the Ventura County Humane Society and Ojai’s Raptor Rehabilitation Center. I host poetry the last Saturday of every month at the Bell Arts Factory’s, “Friday on Saturday” series.

5. What do you draw upon for inspiration in your work?
My muse is found in food, sex, relationships and general observations.

6. What’s your preferred medium?
The English language and words I create on occasion.

7. How do you see your work evolving?
S L O W I N G D O W N

8. What social issues are you interested in?
Gay rights & Freedom from Religion

9. What kinds of activities are you interested in supporting at the AUG?
Any and all

10. What would you like to see the gallery participate in?
I like the discussion/Q&A with the artists. I enjoyed the Convergence of Stone film created by Phil Taggart and the Q&A session that followed. I understand this is to happen more regularly. THUMBS UP!

**********************************

Roe Estep


1. What town do you live in? How long have you lived here?
Ventura, 15yrs

2. Where are you from originally?
Boston, Massachusetts

3. What’s your background?
high school degree, AA from Ventura College

4. What kind of work do you do?
Hair Stylist, poet, musician, artist

5. What do you draw upon for inspiration in your work?
nature/life

6. What’s your preferred medium?
clay/wood

7. How do you see your work evolving?
as I evolve so does my work

8. What social issues are you interested in?
elder care

9. What kinds of activities are you interested in supporting at the AUG?
gallery hosting

10. What would you like to see the gallery participate in?
Anything to do with art/poetry for all ages

***********************

No comments: