Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Member Mark Rubin Featured in News Story


Artist's Union Member. Mark Rubin, is fetured in an online article

Electronics Exec Goes From Speakers to Sculptures

At the tender age of 54, Mark Rubin, president of Long Island, New York-based Shogyo International Corporation, up and quit.

“You reach a certain point when you realize you only have a certain number of years on this planet,” Rubin says. “I told my wife that I had never been happy doing what I was doing and she said, ‘I know.’ ”

They had a long talk and decided to take the plunge. That meant relocating clear across the country, where Rubin could pursue his dream of being a full-time artist.

“At one time I sold jacks, plugs, speakers, and cables -- hundreds of thousands of them at a time,” Rubin recalls. Now, Rubin is selling things like Barky the Barkpecker. Since 2004, Rubin and his wife, Nina, have been living in Ventura, California, where he creates sculptures and wall hangings out of found pieces of tree bark. ....

Link to full story

No comments: